Two Ways to Apply: The Choice Is Yours
Bennington offers two options to first-year students applying to the College: the Common Application and the Dimensional Application. Both applications provide you with opportunities to demonstrate your readiness for Bennington and to share samples of your work. What is different is the way you choose to do this. Please choose one option or the other. Transfer students must use the Common Application.
For the Common Application, we require:
We encourage, but do not require:
- An interview with an admissions counselor
- Supplementary materials or portfolio
- Test scores, such as the SAT or ACT
For the Dimensional Application, we require you to demonstrate:
- The ability to articulate original ideas or insights
- A record of academic achievement
- A capacity for growth
- Contributions to your classroom and community
- Intrinsic motivation
The way you do this is entirely up to you.
As a final step in the admissions process:
- Candidates being considered for admission will be invited to interview with a member of the admissions committee.
- A U.S. diploma or its equivalent is required to enroll.