Fall 2014 Orientation Preview
August 29–September 1
Friday, August 29
- Check-in, 9:00 am–1:00 pm: New students and families will arrive on campus to check in and pick up Orientation materials, room key, Bennington Card, and other important information about the College. Optional campus tours lead by admissions interns will be provided throughout the day.
- Parent program, 2:00–4:00 pm: A session for parents featuring visual arts faculty member Andy Spence, who will lead a discussion and tour of our latest campus exhibition “Abstraction: Modernist Masters of the Bennington Collection.” This session will be preceded by a welcome from Dean of the College Isabel Roche and finish with a send-off from President of the College Mariko Silver.
- New student introductions, 2:00–4:00 pm: While the parent program is taking place, students will be getting to know their orientation leaders and other new incoming students for lawn games, campus tours, and an initial Q&A.
Saturday, August 30–Sunday, August 31
- “Fireside” chats with faculty: An informal conversation with two Bennington faculty members. How do things work here? What is this thing called “the Plan Process?” What is the role of faculty advisors?
- Faculty workshops: A window into the Bennington classroom experience. We encourage you to choose a workshop in an area outside of those you’ll be studying this fall.
- Faculty works performance: An evening at the Martha Hill Dance Theater featuring the current work of Bennington College faculty.
- Student works performance: Join current students for a night sampling drama, dance, music, and artwork, and begin to realize what’s possible throughout your time here at Bennington.
A complete Orientation schedule will be available in your check-in packages.