As a USPS contract station, the Bennington College post office can make the same transactions as any hometown post office: sell stamps, stamped envelopes, and regular postcards; mail certified and insured packages; provide postage for all foreign correspondence. In addition to USPS Express Mail, the post office can send items overnight via UPS or Federal Express.
Location | Commons, first floor
Phone | x4433 (from off campus 802-440-4433)
- Tristan Hoag, Supervisor
- Norma Diaz, Senior Postal Clerk
- Arthur Lemieux, Postal Clerk
- Tracy Provensal, Postal Clerk
- Sales | Weekdays, 10:00 am–4:00 pm; Saturdays, 10:30 am–noon
- USPS mail | Arrives on campus around 9:30 am; sorted and placed in mailboxes by noon; outgoing mail must be in the mail slot by 1:15 pm or 3:00 pm, weekdays, and by 11:45 am, Saturdays
- UPS and Federal Express | Arrive around noon; notices are placed in mailboxes by 1:30 pm; outgoing packages must be to post office by 3:00 pm for pick-up
Your official address is:
1 College Drive
Bennington, VT 05201-6003
Pre-paid trunks/packages may be shipped to campus; please indicate on the package if you are a new student.
We have a fax machine, and charge for both incoming and outgoing transmissions: domestic incoming/outgoing $1.00 per page; foreign incoming $1.50 per page; foreign outgoing $5.00 per page. These may be sent during the post office sales hours. Please be certain that you have the correct outgoing fax number. If you receive a fax, we will put a notice in your box. They must be paid for when you pick them up. The fax number is 802-447-4271.