EVENTS AND PROGRAMS are added all the time to the online events calendar—share them, add them to your calendar, enjoy them! To have your event/program added to the calendar, please use the online submission form.
- End-of-Term Announcements were sent to your student email account on November
24. Please be sure to read through these important messages pertaining to fall checkout and
Academic Services Announcements
- Bennington’s nominee for the DAVIS PROJECTS FOR PEACE will be awarded $10,000 in support of a project to be completed this summer. Applications are due January 15.
Please see Noelle Murphy with questions pertaining to grants and study abroad.
- The FWT Office is actively
reviewing all submitted
registrations for FWT 2015.
As Fall term comes to end,
please remember to check
your Bennington email for
important information on
FWT confirmations and
wishing to add a primary job
to their already-registered
FWT may do so by submitting
the necessary information
to the FWT & CDO through
WorkLink no later than Friday,
January 16, 2015. Happy
- One of the comments received at the first Town Hall was:
"Why is the bookstore so expensive?"
Well, we asked Teresa
Sholes, who almost single-handedly runs the bookstore
on campus. This is what she said: “I have been working
to review prices and have found a number of items where
pricing was able to be reduced. During the review, the
price of many items available in the bookstore were found
to be below suggested retail prices. Also, a comparison of
prices was made to other local convenience and grocery
stores as well to online vendors. On average, the Bennington
College Bookstore prices are at, or below, the
competition’s pricing. To stay competitive, the retail price
of all stock is now reviewed each time new inventory is
From my corner to yours. -Tina
- Space is still available on some shuttles for End of Term, however a late fee of $10 will be assessed for signing up after the deadline. Contact Tina Cooper in Student Life to see if space is still available View shuttle schedule.
- LONGMEADOW HOUSE is currently accepting applications for Spring 2015. Please pick up an application at the front desk in the Student Life office. This application is open only to second, third, and fourth year students and is due December 8 by 5:00 pm to the Student Life office. Late applications will not be considered. Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions.
- BOOK BUYBACKS will take place in the Bookstore from Monday, December 8 to Friday, December
12, 9:00 am-5:00 pm, and Monday, December 15, 8:30 am-4:00 pm. While you’re there,
pick up a College ornament or local maple syrup to take home for your family. The bookstore
has grade A and dark amber, some of which was produced on campus!
- RESOLVING FIELDS is a showcase of the work completed by students in the Advanced Printmaking
Research and Group Exhibition class. They invite the community to come and see what
they’ve been working on for the term. The Opening Reception is Wednesday, December 3, at
7:00 pm in the Vermont Arts Exchange Mill Gallery. It will run through January 16, 2015.
- The Office of Student Life has BOXES AVAILABLE to students for packing. Please stop in to
pick up boxes as needed.
- If you’re going to be in NYC for FWT and are in need of supplemental hours and/or like,
volunteer for the BENNINGTON ALUMNI 24 HOUR PLAYS on January 19, 2015! We need
backstage crew and administrative help. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign
- Members of the “Beginning Potter’s Wheel” class are SELLING MUGS in order to buy winter
clothing for Syrian and Palestinian refugee children in Jordan. Join them in Down Commons
during lunchtime on Thursday, December 11 and buy some beautiful, handmade mugs. Please
contacts Sharon Batamuriza if you have any questions.