EVENTS AND PROGRAMS are added all the time to the online events calendar—share them, add them to your calendar, enjoy them! To have your event/program added to the calendar, please use the online submission form.
Thanksgiving Hours and Information
During Thanksgiving Break, several facilities change their hours of operation. Please check the Hours and Information section of the website for fulllist of amended hourws. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Life (x4330). If you have an emergency, please dial x767 (SOS) from a campus phone or 802-447-4250 (do not call 911, as this will actually delay the emergency response)
Academic Services Announcements
- Bennington’s nominee for the DAVIS PROJECTS FOR PEACE will be awarded $10,000 in support of a project to be completed this summer. Applications are due January 15.
Please see Noelle Murphy with questions pertaining to grants and study abroad.
MRB HOUSE CHALLENGE: Contest Ends 11/26 | 1st Place House Will Receive a Catered Coffee Hour!
- Off Campus—138
- Tuesday, December 2 from 12:15-2:00 pm: Green Room of Commons: Stop by the FWT Housing Mixer during lunch today to network with other students as well as members of the FWT and Alumni/External Relations Offices. Find other students completing FWTs in your city and get tips on how to network for rooms, roommates, sublets, and more with the Bennington community.
- Wednesday, December 3: FWT Registrations with approved extensions due. Students that received a registration extension should register their site via WorkLink today.
- Substance Use Myths and Misinformation: Bennington Culture. Lisa Citarella of Psych Services will be leading a series of talks on SUBSTANCE USE AND MISUSE throughout the term. Discussions will be held every Friday evening at 6:00 pm in the Purple Dining Room. See you there!
- Do You Have Questions About WELLNESS ON CAMPUS? The Bennington College Wellness Peers Alana Cooper, Benny Ehlers, Zoe Heegaard-LeGros, and Abby Mahler welcome your questions and suggestions for programming, speakers, and services you’d like to see on campus. Please email BeWell with your input.
- Interested in talking about DRUG AND ALCOHOL ISSUES on campus? Come to Bennington Substance Support Thursdays at 9:00 pm in the EAC.
- The WELLNESS PEERS AND SEXUAL HARASSMENT ADVISORS will be holding open hours from 1:00-4:00 pm in the EAC every Sunday. Feel free to come by and chill out, do homework, or ask any questions you may have.
- EVER THOUGHT ABOUT QUITTING SMOKING? NO ONE THING WORKS FOR EVERYONE! Health Services is forming a group to discuss creative ways to quit, tailored to the individual. If you are interested, please contact Celia or stop in to say hello. Health services is located in Commons at the base of the stairs to the dining hall and we are open M-F 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
Student Clubs & Orgs
- KILPAT FELLOW OPEN FORUM
The Kilpat Fellows will be hosting an open forum in the CAPA Faculty Lounge, Monday, November 24 at 6:30 pm to discuss their role in the college’s administration, and ways for students to interface with the group. They’ll be looking for your input, ideas, and ways that they can be of service to the Bennington community. Hope to see you there!
- One question I hear often is, “If I find the ID I lost before I purchased my new one, can I get it reactivated?”
The answer is no. If you need to replace your card because it was lost or stolen, we have to issue you a new card number for security purposes. Because you can add money to your Bennington account it is comparable to a credit card. If you lose your credit or debit card you have to have a new card number reissued. If you later found your old card, the bank wouldn’t be able to reactivate it, right? So hang onto that thing!
From my corner to yours,
From my corner to yours. -Tina
- Space is still available on some shuttles for Thanksgiving, however a late fee of $10 will be assessed for signing up after the deadline. Contact Tina Cooper in Student Life to see if space is still available View shuttle schedule.
- LONGMEADOW HOUSE is currently accepting applications for Spring 2015. Please pick up an application at the front desk in the Student Life office. This application is open only to second, third, and fourth year students and is due December 8 by 5:00 pm to the Student Life office. Late applications will not be considered. Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- The BOOKSTORE continues to expand its inventory. Hummus and half & half are now in stock! New Bennington College mugs and water bottles are arriving, including a glass mason jar with lid. Stop in for a snack and to see what else is new.
- Celene Barrera ‘15 and Brooke Morrison ‘15 will present on their experiences while studying in MOROCCO AND TUNISIA this past spring. Celene will focus on Moroccan culture, and Brooke will discuss her research on Contemporary Art in today’s Tunisian Society. Monday, November 24 at 6:00 pm in the Dining Hall Purple Room.
- The STUDENT ASSEMBLY will be meeting on Monday, November 24 at 6:45 pm in Down Commons. The Assembly is planning to discuss the co-curricular transcript project. All are welcome.
- Lauded for her exceptional performances and fiery interpretation, VIOLINIST FRANCESCA ANDEREGG will deliver elegant and impassioned accounts of contemporary and classical music as a part of the Deane Carriage Barn Concert Series. Monday, November 24 at 8:00 pm in the Deane Carriage Barn.
- MUSIC FESTIVAL will be on Tuesday, November 25 at 8:00 pm in Greenwall. Please join us to enjoy the eclectic yearly celebration of student work and performances!
- RESOLVING FIELDS is a showcase of the work completed by students in the Advanced Printmaking Research and Group Exhibition class. They invite the community to come and see what they’ve been working on for the term. The Opening Reception is Wednesday, December 3, at 7:00 pm in the Vermont Arts Exchange Mill Gallery. It will run through January 16, 2015.
- The STUDENT CENTER GRILL and convenience store will close at 7:00 pm on Sunday, December 7 to accommodate the Bennington Town Hall.