2016–2017 Academic Year
- Independence Day | Monday, July 4, 2016
- Labor Day | Monday, September 5, 2016
- Thanksgiving Day* | Thursday, November 24, 2016
- Day after Thanksgiving | Friday, November 25, 2016
- Christmas Eve | Friday, December 23, 2016 (observed)
- Christmas Day | Monday, December 26, 2016 (observed)
- New Year’s Day | Monday, January 2, 2017
- Memorial Day | Monday, May 29, 2017
In accordance with the current bargaining agreement, the dates listed above will be observed as holidays. Per Article 12, all employees whose work has to be performed on a holiday will have the choice of receiving either compensatory time off of one and one-half days for each holiday worked or will be paid at the rate of one and one-half times their regular pay in addition to the regular day’s pay. To receive holiday pay, an employee must work the day before and the day after the holiday or his/her regular schedule.
*Day before Thanksgiving (Wednesday, November 23, 2016) | early departure at noon for all nonessential staff.