Deadline: April 1, 2015
The Fourth Annual Prize
This prize is endowed by the poet and our poetry core faculty member, Ed Ochester, to whom we give huge thanks.
- 2012 winner: Dana Russo; judge: Donald Hall
- 2013 winner: Barrett Warner; judge: Jane Hirshfield
- 2014 winner: Rabb Asad; judge: David Lehman
- All Bennington Writing Seminars (BWS) poetry students graduating in January or June 2015, including those who switched genres to poetry in their third term, are eligible.
- Students may submit one to two unpublished poems (no more than four pages total).
- The winner will be announced during June residency and will receive a $1000 prize.
- Ed Ochester will choose the judge this year and in years to come, taking care to represent a wide variety of aesthetics. BWS teachers are not eligible to judge.
- Submissions should include two copies of the manuscript and a coversheet with your name, graduation date, and contact information. Please do not put any identifying information on the poems themselves.
- Deadline: April 1, 2015.
- Send submissions to: The Liam Rector Poetry Prize, c/o Bennington Writing Seminars, One College Drive, Bennington, Vermont 05201.