As a USPS contract station, the Bennington College post office can make the same transactions as any hometown post office: sell stamps, stamped envelopes, and regular postcards; mail certified and insured packages; provide postage for all foreign correspondence. In addition to USPS Express Mail, the post office can send items overnight via UPS or Federal Express.
Location | Commons, first floor
Phone | x4433 (from off campus 802-440-4433)
- Tristan Hoag, Supervisor
- Norma Diaz, Senior Postal Clerk
- Arthur Lemieux, Postal Clerk
- Tracy Provensal, Postal Clerk
- Sales | Weekdays, 10:00 am–3:45 pm; weekends, closed
- USPS mail | Arrives on campus around 9:30 am; sorted and placed in mailboxes by noon; outgoing mail must be in the mail slot by 1:15 pm or 3:00 pm, weekdays, and by 11:45 am, Saturdays
- UPS and Federal Express | Arrive around noon; notices are placed in mailboxes by 1:30 pm; outgoing packages must be to post office by 3:00 pm for pick-up
Your official address is:
1 College Drive
Bennington, VT 05201-6003
Pre-paid trunks/packages may be shipped to campus; please indicate on the package if you are a new student.
We have a fax machine, and charge for both incoming and outgoing transmissions: domestic incoming/outgoing $1.00 per page; foreign incoming $1.50 per page; foreign outgoing $5.00 per page. These may be sent during the post office sales hours. Please be certain that you have the correct outgoing fax number. If you receive a fax, we will put a notice in your box. They must be paid for when you pick them up. The fax number is 802-447-4271.
Post Office Rates
Effective January 27, 2013, the Post Office will be increasing its rates on domestic and international parcel shipping. Any packages priced by weight will be charged at the new rate as of this date, but the pricing for flat rate priority and express shipments will be changing as well (see rates).