Location | Meyer Recreation Barn
Phone | x4589 (from off campus 802-440-4589)
The College’s fitness center, the Meyer Recreation Barn, features fitness equipment, a climbing wall, sauna, dance studio, and an aerobics room for yoga, tai chi, and other fitness classes. Outdoor facilities include tennis courts, a basketball court, and a soccer field. The Office of Student Life coordinates a range of intramural programs throughout the term. Bennington has an intercollegiate fencing team, and its soccer team competes against several local colleges each fall; both are co-ed. Bennington is within an hour of some of the best hiking, skiing, camping, and outdoor recreation in the Northeast.
General guidelines for use and other information.
Hours and general information
- Monday–Friday | 6:30–8:30 am; noon–2:00 pm; 4:00–10:00 pm
- Saturday–Sunday | 1:00–9:00 pm
- Indoor rock-climbing wall | Hours will be posted at the Meyer Rec Barn
- Gear room | Contact Michiel Considine in the Office of Student Life (x4330)
- Tennis | The Bennington Tennis Center manages the tennis courts. Court time is free for all Bennington students, faculty, and staff, however, you will need to reserve court time in advance by calling 379-6595.
- Fitness classes | Offered during term and open to students, faculty, and staff—hours will be posted at the beginning of term at MRB and under "athletics" on the calendar)