Congratulations, Class of 2015!
Please make a note of the following important dates and details regarding your upcoming Commencement
Weekend, June 5–6, 2015.
- Tuesday, April 21 | Commencement Dinner tickets are available for online purchase.
- Friday, May 1 | Deadline to order cap and gown. A cap and gown are not required to participate in the graduation ceremony, but they can be ordered for you if you would like them at no additional cost.
- Wednesday, May 13 | Deadline to order Commencement Dinner tickets online ($40 per person).To accommodate all graduates, their families, and faculty in a single seating, tickets are limited to four guests per graduate; the student receives an additional ticket for a total of five. Do not order a ticket for the graduating student.
- Wednesday, June 3 | Commencement Rehearsal at 6:00 pm in Barn 100, followed by Senior Reception at 6:30 pm in Newman Court. All graduating students planning to walk in the Graduation Ceremony on Saturday, June 6, are requested to attend the Graduation Rehearsal if possible (It is helpful, but not crucial to attend). Caps and gowns (for those who order them) will be distributed at this time.
- Friday, June 5 | Commencement celebrations begin with at 5:00 pm on Commons Lawn with a light reception with classmates, families, and faculty followed at 6:00 pm by a buffet dinner with classmates, families, and faculty (wine will be available for purchase). At 7:00 pm, the senior speaker and commencement speaker will address the graduates.
- Friday, June 5 | The Senior Party will take place at 9:00 pm at the Student Center. All graduating students and their families are welcome.
- Saturday, June 6 | Conferring of Degrees at 10:00 am, sharp, Commons Lawn (inclement weather location: under the tent on Commons Lawn). The awarding of degrees is open seating; no ticket is required.
Several details to help you plan:
- Accommodations. Please begin planning for Commencement Weekend as soon as possible. Encourage family and friends to make hotel reservations early as local hotels fill up quickly. Please refer friends and family to information about local accommodations.
- Invitations. Four complimentary invitations will be distributed to graduates in late spring, when tickets are available for purchase.
- Diploma Frames. The Bennington College bookstore is accepting orders for diploma frames. For more information, please call the bookstore at 802-440-4361.
- Commencement Fee. The $75 fee helps offset the cost of your graduate’s dinner, diploma and cover, and any necessary cap and gown rental. It will appear on your bill for the spring term (December graduates have already been billed).
- Pets. While the College appreciates the special nature of the owner-pet relationship, it also recognizes that animals have the potential to impose on the safety, health, personal well-being, and comfort of College residents, guests, and employees. With the exception of assistance animals, the College prohibits any person from bringing pets on campus.
We are looking forward to celebrating with you in June. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-440-4743.
Updated: April 15, 2015