Congratulations, Class of 2016!
Important Dates for Commencement Weekend, June 3–4, 2016
- Monday, April 11 | Commencement Dinner tickets are available for online purchase purchase by May 1.
- Friday, April 29 | Deadline to order cap and gown. A cap and gown are not required to participate in the graduation ceremony, but they can be ordered for you if you would like them at no additional cost.
- Sunday, May 1 | Deadline to order Commencement Dinner tickets online ($40 per person). To accommodate all graduates, their families, and faculty in a single seating, tickets are limited to four guests per graduate; the student receives an additional ticket for a total of five. Do not order a ticket for the graduating student.
- Wednesday, June 1 | Commencement Rehearsal at 6:00 pm in Barn 100, followed by Senior Reception at 6:30 pm in Newman Court. All graduating students planning to walk in the Graduation Ceremony on Saturday, June 6, are requested to attend the Graduation Rehearsal if possible (It is helpful, but not crucial to attend). Caps and gowns (for those who order them) will be distributed at this time.
- Friday, June 3 | Commencement celebrations begin with at 5:00 pm on Commons Lawn with a light reception with classmates, families, and faculty followed at 6:00 pm by a buffet dinner with classmates, families, and faculty (wine will be available for purchase). At 7:00 pm, the senior speaker and commencement speaker will address the graduates.
- Friday, June 3 | The Senior Party will take place at 9:00 pm at the Student Center. All graduating students and their families are welcome.
- Saturday, June 4 | Conferring of Degrees at 10:00 am, sharp, Commons Lawn (inclement weather location: under the tent on Commons Lawn). The awarding of degrees is open seating; no ticket is required.
To help you plan:
- Accommodations. We encourage you to make hotel reservations as soon as possible, as accommodations tend to book quickly during this busy time of year. Please refer to information about local accommodations.
- Commencement Dinner | Friday, June 3, 6:00 pm. Addresses by the commencement speaker and senior class speaker will take place over dinner. To accommodate all graduates, their families, and faculty in a single seating, tickets are limited to four guests per graduate. Tickets will be available for purchase on our website in the spring; please encourage your graduate to watch for details.
- Conferring of Degrees | Saturday, June 4, 10:00 am. The awarding of degrees is open seating; no ticket is required.
- Invitations. Four complimentary invitations will be distributed to graduates in late spring, when tickets are available for purchase.
- Diploma Frames. The Bennington College bookstore is accepting orders for diploma frames. For more information, please call the bookstore at 802-440-4361.
- Commencement Fee. The $75 fee helps offset the cost of your graduate’s dinner, diploma and cover, and any necessary cap and gown rental.
- Pets. While the College appreciates the special nature of the owner-pet relationship, it also recognizes that animals have the potential to impose on the safety, health, personal well-being, and comfort of College residents, guests, and employees. With the exception of assistance animals, the College prohibits any person from bringing pets on campus.
We are looking forward to celebrating with you in June. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact email@example.com or 802-440-4743.
Updated: March 11, 2016