Ride-sharing system from Albany
The Office of Student Life will coordinate a reasonably-priced, ride-sharing system so that those arriving at either the Albany airport, train, or bus station may be able to pool together to share the 45-mile ride to campus. Dawn Dayton, our Program Coordinator, will email you the details by Dec 1. Shuttle Schedule.
Coordinating your own ride
If you need or prefer to coordinate a ride yourself (using the student directory, which will be included in the workshop-packet mailing to contact other students), OR if you are coming in early or late and need a way to get to Bennington, please contact:
- AJ Private Transportation: 802-442-7129
- Carmen's Car Service: 802-442-6050
- GMX/CABS/Green Mountain Express: 802-447-0477
The cost of a one-way trip from Albany is about $100, excluding gratuity (check details when you call). If the pooling effort works out you might be able to split the cost two or three ways. Confirm the cost of the trip when you make the reservation.
Local shuttle service
During the week, a local service CABs/GMX (Green Mountain Express) supplies shuttle service to and from the campus to the towns of Bennington, North Bennington, Williamstown, and Manchester.
- Albany-Rensselaer Train, 800-872-7245
- AJ Transportation, 802-442-7129
- Capitaland Taxi, 518-453-8888 (from the airport)
- Green Mountain Express, 802-447-0909
—CABs/GMX after-hours service, 802-447-0909 (press 1 and leave a message)
- Global Link Travel, 802-442-8400
- Milne Travel, 802-362-1800
- Yankee Trails Bus, 800-822-2400 (Bennington to Albany)
—Departs from downtown Bennington, intersection of School and Main Streets
—Weekdays, 11:05 am (arrives Albany 12:50 pm) and 7:25 pm (arrives Albany 9:05 pm)
- Yellow Cab, 518-434-2222 (from the bus or train station)