Houses will open at noon on Sunday, September 1. If you plan to arrive earlier, you must secure advanced permission from Student Life. If you return to your room without permission you will be charged $100 a night.
Albany to Bennington Transportation
- Shuttle Schedule: See the Extended Albany Shuttle Schedule.
- Reservations: You must make your reservation by Wednesday, August 17, at 3:00 pm. Reservations can be made online or by contacting the Office of Student Life (802-440-4330). You must include specific travel information and the exact number of bags that you will be bringing. Note: Cancellations received after August 17 are nonrefundable.
- Cost: The service cost for the fall is $35, which may be paid by cash, check, or Bennington Card declining balance.
If you are arriving early to participate in various College-sponsored programs (including training for student leadership positions and Orientation), you will be contacted over the summer about shuttle service from Albany to Bennington.
If you know that you will miss the shuttle due to transportation delays or a change of plans, please contact CABs/GMX directly at 802-447-0477 at least two hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time. If your plans change on the day of travel, please contact CABs/GMX at the 24-hour service number, 802-447-0909, and dial "1" to reach the after-hours emergency voicemail. Be certain to leave a call-back number, along with your name and a brief message explaining your situation, and make sure you leave your phone turned on to receive the call-back. Your message will be returned within 20 minutes and any pertinent information will be relayed to the CABS/GMX driver. Additional fees resulting from schedule changes are the responsibility of the passenger.
Important Dates for Fall 2013
- Wednesday, July 31: Virtual Bookstore opens
- Monday, August 19: Free shipping cutoff for Virtual Bookstore orders
- Monday, August 26: Pre-orientation trip participants arrive
- Wednesday, August 28: New international students arrive
- Friday, August 30: New students arrive/Orientation begins
- Sunday, September 1: Houses open for returning students at noon
- Monday, September 2: Convocation at 4:30 pm
- Monday, September 2: Registration (in faculty offices) for returning students, 2:00-4:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 3: Classes begin