- Undergraduates | Friday, June 5, 4:00 pm: The Dining Hall will be open for lunch. Note: Campus Safety will make their usual rounds through the houses. Students who are not graduating and are not on the late checkout list will be fined $100 for each two-hour period that they have stayed past the checkout deadline, with fines totaling up to $300.
- Undergraduates with an approved late checkout | Saturday, June 6, 2:00 pm: If you plan to stay after 4:00 pm on Friday, June 5, you must complete a Late Checkout Application by Friday, May 29, at 5:00 pm. Students working during Commencement are required to fill out the Late Checkout Application, as well. The cost to remain on campus for students not working during Commencement is $75, and can be paid in the Office of Student Life with cash, a check, or with your Bennington Card. This fee is used to offset staffing costs, rooming, and to cover the following meals: dinner (in the Student Center) on Friday, June 5, and breakfast and lunch (in the Dining Hall) on Saturday, June 6.
- Graduates | Sunday, June 7, noon.
Return Your Keys
Before you leave, lock your door and return your key to the locations listed below. You will receive an electronic receipt via email by June 19. If you leave campus without returning your key, you will be billed $50 for lock replacement. Mailed keys must be postmarked by June 12 to avoid this fee.
- Wednesday-Friday, June 3–5: Barn 100, 9:00 am–5:00 pm
- All Other Times: Campus Safety
Note: The College cannot assume any responsibility or liability for property left in student rooms, suites, or house common areas after the closing dates listed above. Items left in rooms are considered abandoned property and, as such, will either be donated to local charities or discarded.
Questions about Storage
- Can I leave my car on campus over the summer? Yes. Stop by Campus Safety before Wednesday, May 28, to apply for a long-term vehicle parking permit. If approved, you will be assigned a designated spot in the Ohio Lot.
- Do I really have to move all of my stuff out of my room and my house? Yes, absolutely. Remove all of your belongings from closets, desks, and dresser drawers. Note: Any items found in rooms during room checks, including bicycles, will be disposed of at the College’s discretion.
- Should I empty my locker or studio? Yes. Any items on campus in lockers or studios must be removed by the end of the term, unless an arrangement has been made with the appropriate technician or staff member. Note: Any items left, including bicycles, will be disposed of at the College’s discretion.
- Can I store my belongings on campus over the summer? No. Please see the list of local off-campus storage facilities below.
Local Off-Campus Storage Options*
- AVS Self Storage-formerly Green Mountain Storage (Rte. 7A behind Bennington Tile): 802-688-6409
10x10 - $195 for the summer.
Weekend Van Driver Service
$20/hr, .70 a mile.
Will also assist with moving.
- Shaftsbury Self Storage (closest to College on Northside Drive): 802-375-9028
Summer rates: 5'x5'-$120; 10'x10'-$195;
4'x4' pallet warehouse style (boxes only)-$125.
- Bennington Self Storage: 802-447-3238
5'x10'-$60 per month.
*The Office of Student Life will provide limited shuttle service to these local storage facilities from 3:00-5:00 pm on Wednesday-Friday, June 3-5. You must reserve online to take advantage of this shuttle service.