- Undergraduates | Friday, June 3, noon: The Dining Hall will be open for lunch. Note: Campus Safety will make their usual rounds through the houses. Students who are not graduating and are not on the late checkout list will be fined $100 for each one-hour period that they have stayed past the checkout deadline, with fines totaling up to $300.
- Undergraduates with an approved late checkout | Saturday, June 4, 5:00 pm: If you plan to stay after noon on Friday, June 3, you must complete a Late Checkout Application by 5:00 pm on Friday, May 20. Students working during Commencement are also required to fill out the Late Checkout Application. You can pick up an application in the Office of Student Life and return it here as well. The cost to remain on campus for students not working during Commencement is $75, and can be paid in the Office of Student Life with cash, check, or with your Bennington Card. This fee is used to offset costs to accommodate your stay. Breakfast will be provided (in the Dining Hall) on Saturday, June 4.
- Graduates | Sunday, June 5, noon.
Return Your Keys
Before you leave, lock your door and return your key to the locations listed below. You will receive an electronic receipt via email by June 19. If you leave campus without returning your key, you will be billed $55 for lock replacement. Mailed keys must be postmarked by June 10 to avoid this fee.
- Thursday-Friday, June 2–3: The Office of Student Life, 9:00 am–5:00 pm, Campus Safety after 5:00 pm
- Saturday-Sunday, June 4–5: Campus Safety
- Monday, June 6: The Office of Student Life, 9:00 am–noon
Note: The College cannot assume any responsibility or liability for property left in student rooms, suites, or house common areas after the closing dates listed above. Items left in rooms are considered abandoned property and, as such, will either be donated to local charities or discarded.
Questions about Storage
- Can I leave my car on campus over the summer? Yes. Stop by Campus Safety before Wednesday, May 25, to apply for a long-term vehicle parking permit. If approved, you will be assigned a designated spot in the Ohio Lot.
- Do I really have to move all of my stuff out of my room and my house? Yes, absolutely. Remove all of your belongings from closets, desks, and dresser drawers. Note: Any items found in rooms during room checks, including bicycles, will be disposed of at the College’s discretion.
- Should I empty my locker or studio? Yes. Any items on campus in lockers or studios must be removed by the end of the term, unless an arrangement has been made with the appropriate technician or staff member. Note: Any items left, including bicycles, will be disposed of at the College’s discretion.
- Can I store my belongings on campus over the summer? To those who expressed possible interest in storage you will be contacted directly by Housing with more information. Please note that all belongings to be stored must fit into provided containers. Storing of furniture or other large items will not be accommodated. Do not store any food items. Other options include off-campus storage facilities listed below.
Local Off-Campus Storage Options
- AVS Self Storage (formerly Green Mountain Storage) (Rte. 7A behind Bennington Tile): 802-688-6409
Summer rate: 10'x10'—$195
Weekend van driver service: $20/hour plus $.70/mile (will also assist with moving)
- Shaftsbury Self Storage (closest to College on Northside Drive): 802-375-9028
Summer rates: 5'x5'—$120; 10'x10—$195; 4'x4' pallet warehouse style (boxes only)—$125
- Bennington Self Storage: 802-447-3238
Monthly rate: 5'x10'—$60