A new group of 239 students will join us on campus this fall. Together, first-year and transfer students represent 35 states/territories and 28 countries—Albania, Armenia, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Botswana, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong S.A.R., India, Italy, Japan, Lebanon, Liberia, Mexico, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Venezuela, and the United States. We look forward to welcoming them warmly to Bennington.
Arriving on Campus/Opening of School
Houses open for returning students at noon on August 30. Students arriving in Bennington before August 30 will not be permitted on campus and must find alternate overnight accommodations. Students arriving to campus prior to noon on August 30 may wait in Commons for houses to open. We thank you in advance for planning your arrival accordingly.
Key and New ID Pick-Up
- All keys for returning undergraduates will be in your room in your Coffee Hour mug.
- All students will receive a new ID card for the Fall 2015 term. Please note that your current ID will no longer be active and that you must use your newly issued ID for access to campus services, including meal plans. Information on using your new ID to access student housing will be sent via email in the coming weeks. Students wishing to submit a new picture for their ID may do so before August 13 by emailing a JPEG to Student Life.
Please be sure to check with your parent/sponsor that your account has been paid accordingly (you can check your account online in the student portal, Populi). Please contact Michelle Rollins (802-440-4353; on campus x4353) for information or if you have account questions.
In addition to what is listed below, please check out the academic calendar and the web calendar for information about events scheduled for the upcoming year. Audition information for language, music, drama, and dance will be available at the beginning of term.
August 30 (Sunday)
- 11:00 am–noon | Brunch, Dining Hall
- Noon | Houses open for returning students
- 5:30 pm | Dinner, Dining Hall
- 7:30 pm | Faculty Works, Martha Hill
- 10:00 pm | Open Mic Night; DownCaf
August 31 (Monday)
- 2:00–3:45 pm | Advising and registration, faculty offices
- 4:00 pm | Convocation, Usdan Gallery
- 8:00 pm | Student Works, Martha Hill
September 1 (Tuesday)
September 3 (Thursday)
- 5:00 pm | Beyond the Classroom: Student Engagement Through Clubs and Organizations, Commons Lawn
September 4 (Friday)
- 8:00 pm | PAC Presents: Bennington Block Party, Commons Lawn (rain location: Student Center)
September 6 (Sunday)
- 10:00 pm | First Coffee Hour
September 7 (Monday)
- Labor Day | Some administrative offices closed
September 11 (Friday)
- End of add registration period
September 16 (Wednesday)
- End of drop registration period; last day to request letter grades
New on Campus
Payments can now be made online through Populi with most major credit cards. Log on to your student account and go to the “make a payment” link under “Amount Due”. Note: There is a convenience fee for credit card payments that will be charged to the cardholder.
Albany to Bennington Transportation