Spring term housing confirmations will be sent to your Bennington email address. As a reminder, if you waitlisted for housing at the end of last term and a space opened up in that house, we may have automatically moved you; if your housing is different than what you expected, that is likely the reason. If you have any questions about your housing assignment or believe that there is an error, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are in a colonial, and wish to change your housing assignment, you are encouraged to participate in the room change process at the start of term.
The Dining Halls will be open starting with dinner on February 17. The Snack Bar and the Snack Bar Express will be open starting with lunch on February 20.
- Bingham: Storage in Bingham will be open on February 16, noon–7:00 pm, for those students returning early for Senior Conference. Storage will remain open from February 17–20, noon–7:00 pm, for all other returning students. A moving vehicle will be provided for 3rd Street residents after 3:00 pm each day. All items stored in Bingham must be removed by February 20, 7:00 pm. After February 22, any items still remaining in storage will be donated or disposed of at the College's discretion.
- In-house Storage (Barnes Houses): If you stored your belongings in the basement area of a Barnes House, please see your house chairs for access to those storage spaces.
The Post Office will be open for package pickup only on February 16, 11:00 am–3:00 pm; February 17, noon–4:00 pm; and February 18, 11:00 am–3:00 pm. Regular hours resume on February 19.
Student Involvement Fair
Interested in getting more involved on campus? Come to the Student Involvement Information Fair on February 21, 7:00–9:00 pm, in the Student Center. Representatives from all current student organizations will be there to talk about their groups and registration forms will be available for students interested in starting something new. Hope to see you there!
Fitness and Recreation Update
BAD will once again be organizing a Dodgeball League for the Bennington Community. Get together with housemates, organizations, and friends to form your team of six or more. Further details will be available for those interested at a pre-season meeting at the beginning of term. If you have any questions, please email Andrew Wu.
SEVIS requires that all international students are registered (through SEVIS) for the upcoming term. In order to comply with this, all returning international students must stop into the Office of Student Life and fill out a short SEVIS registration form. Students who do not complete this process will not be registered and, as a result, will jeopardize their status. If you have any questions, please contact Laura Saldarini in the Office of Student Life.
Computer Anti-Virus Software
Information Technology would like to remind you to update your anti-virus software before reconnecting to the campus network, as you are responsible for keeping your computer virus-free while connected to the network. If you need an Anti-Virus Program and prefer not to purchase one, AVG-Free is one possible solution. Another free solution for Windows users is Microsoft Security Essentials.
Campus Safety and Parking
All students will need to obtain a Spring 2013 validation sticker. The sticker is affixed to the front of the College ID card and validates the use of the CABS/GMX shuttle service. Students will not be permitted access to the shuttle without the sticker. The sticker is free and can be picked up at any time in the Office of Student Life or at the Campus Safety Office.
- Kenneth Collamore, Director of Campus Safety
- Darrin Lillie, Assistant Director of Campus Safety
- Laura Hain, Campus Safety Per Diem Officer
- Bob Harrington, Campus Safety Officer
- Greg King, Campus Safety Officer
- Ally LaBelle, Campus Safety Officer
- David Lemieux, Campus Safety Officer
- Emily McGann, Campus Safety Per Diem Officer
- Michael Schmidt, Campus Safety Officer
- Ajay Martucci, Campus Safety Officer
- Michael Zhuraw, Campus Safety Officer
- Cameron Bundy, Campus Safety Coordinator
- Kendall Roberts, Campus Safety Coordinator
- Debra Mahar, Campus Safety Coordinator
- Marcy Sprague, Campus Safety Coordinator
Students who have a vehicle on campus and have not yet registered it with Campus Safety must obtain a parking decal immediately. The cost for a decal is $60 per term. To get your decal, you will need to provide a current license, valid registration, and proof of insurance. Students who registered their vehicle last term will need to visit the Business Office to pay for the spring term’s decal with cash, check, or the Bennington Card. If you had a vehicle on campus last term but will not this term, you must let the Office of Campus Safety know in writing to Darrin Lillie, Assistant Director of Campus Safety, so that your student account is not charged.
Students wishing to obtain either of these stickers during the first few days of the term may do so at the Campus Safety Office at any time.