Community-wide FWT Debrief Lunch
You asked for it. Here it is. Bennington’s first ever community-wide FWT debrief conversation will take place over lunch on Tuesday, February 18. Join students, faculty, and staff as we all gather to have lunch, share FWT stories and insights, and honor the experiences you just completed. Join a table and jump into the conversation. (Students not on the meal plan who wish to attend can request a meal pass from the FWT Office by emailing us by February 14.)
FWT Reflective Work
For a reminder, see this year's Reflective Project Options. Students choosing to participate in the Debrief Discussions or the Formal Presentation reflective options are required to reserve a spot by Friday, February 7.
- Reflective essays, interviews, and final blog postings are due Friday, February 21.
- Reflective videos are due Friday, March 7.
- Reflective debrief discussion for participating first-years or sophomores take place on March 5, March 12, and March 19. Students must attend all three session. Locations to be assigned once you sign up. Informal presentation videos for this option are due Friday, March 21.
- Formal presentation prep sessions for participating juniors and seniors take place on February 25 and March 4. Students are required to attend both sessions. Locations to be assigned once you sign up. Formal presentation videos for this option are due by Friday, April 11.
- If you need a one-week extension for completing your final reflective work, you can request this anytime before the day your final reflective project is due by completing the request form.
We’ve updated the FWT employer evaluation form this year to include a specific skill rubric that we generated based on narrative comments from hundreds of past FWT employers and from the latest findings on skills and competencies today’s employers are looking for in the workforce. Evaluations from employers are due on Friday, February 21. Evaluations are required from every FWT job that you registered, even if you left a site earlier than planned. All supervisors have been sent instructions for completing the evaluation through Survey Monkey (not through WorkLink). Please check with your supervisor before you leave your job to make sure that your evaluation has been completed and submitted to the FWT Office.
If you have worked supplemental hours (up to 50 maximum), be sure to keep track of your hours. Supplemental jobs do not need to be registered, but students do need to show proof of their hours. See the FWT Handbook for details.
Independent or collaborative professional work-related projects require proof of the agreed-to finished project and a worklog documenting hours and activities. Turn in your signed timesheet or other related paperwork to the FWT & CDO no later than Friday, February 21, in order to have these hours count.
Your sponsor’s evaluation of your work is due Friday, March 7. Be sure to schedule a meeting with your sponsor to review your work well in advance of the due date to afford sufficient time for your evaluation to be written and submitted on time.