Your campus email address is the primary way we communicate with you, so please check it often.


Campus jobs are in high demand. To provide the greatest number of students with an opportunity to work on campus, all employed students—Federal Work Study (FWS) and regular pay—will be eligible to earn up to $1,150 per term, which averages out to approximately nine hours per week for the full term. Positions on campus are for one term only. Below, find out how to apply for available on-campus positions or what to do if you'd like to work off campus. Still have questions? Contact the Field Work Term and Career Development Office (FWT & CDO) in Barn 112, at, or at 802-440-4321 (x4321 on campus).

Landing a Job on Campus

Student Employment (steps/landing a job)

  • Step 1: View Campus Job Postings

  • Step 2: Complete Student Employment Application

  • Step 3: Apply for Job(s)

  • Step 4: Meet with Department Supervisor

  • Step 5: Fill Out Required Federal Forms

  • Step 6: Timesheet Submission and Payment

Campus Employment FAQs

FAQs: Student Employment

  • How many jobs may I apply for?

  • Can I have more than one job?

  • What is the hourly rate of pay?

  • How many hours can I work?

  • How do I get paid?

  • Can I work if I'm not Federal Work-Study (FWS) eligible?

  • Can I do Federal Work Study (FWS) during Field Work Term (FWT)?

  • Are my earnings, even Federal Work-Study (FWS), taxable?

  • Can I work off campus?

The Bennington Card

The Bennington Card is the official identification card of Bennington College. Issued to all members of the College community, it is required for identification, access to essential campus services and residential houses, and offers a convenient prepaid spending account for making cashless purchases around campus. To access your account or add funds, go to the cardholder account center.

Bennington Card

  • Campus services access

  • Participating locations to make cashless purchases

  • Declining balance | Adding funds

  • Other account information