The Virginia Todahl Davis '40 Alumni House is available for use by Bennington College alumni and other College guests throughout the year. Located on campus near the Jennings Music Building and the Deane Carriage Barn, the house is newly renovated, elegantly furnished, and reasonably priced. It was established in 1986 in honor of Virginia Todahl Davis—a member of the Class of 1940 and former trustee.
- The house has a shared living room and kitchen, two shared bathrooms, and six private bedrooms configured for single or double occupancy. Download a floor plan.
- The house’s kitchen is well equipped for cooking. Meals may also be purchased in the Commons Dining Halls and the Student Center when classes are in session and at limited other times.
- Towels and linens are provided.
- The house has wireless internet access.
- Regretfully, no pets are allowed; however, there are good kennels nearby.
- Check-in is required at the College's Campus Safety Booth. Check-in time is 2:00 pm. Check-out time is 10:00 am weekdays, 5:00 pm weekends.
- Single-person room: $50 per night ($45 for alumni who have graduated in the past 10 years).
- Double-person room: $65 per night ($55 for alumni who have graduated in the past 10 years).
- Entire House per night: $250 per night ($200 for alumni who have graduated in the past 10 years).
- Entire House per week: $1,300 per week ($1,100 for alumni who have graduated in the past 10 years).
- Guests will be charged $25 for keys not returned to the Campus Safety Booth.
Email your reservation to the Office of External Relations at least 48 hours in advance or call 800-598-2979, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Checks should be made payable to Bennington College and mailed to:
The Davis Alumni House
c/o Office of External Relations
One College Drive
Bennington, Vermont 05201