The best Field Work Terms provide a fruitful experience for the intern and for the host organization. Because FWT is a mandatory part of Bennington’s academic program, certain requirements must be met by both student and employer. In addition to these requirements, we offer several tips and suggestions for creating the best possible FWT experience for both the employer and the student.
Requirements for Students
- Timely registration of their position with the FWT Office.
- Completing at least 210 total hours of work between specified dates in January and February. Students may split their time between multiple positions as agreed upon by employers.
- Writing a reflective essay.
Requirements of Employers
- Arranging the details of the FWT experience with the student.
- Providing supervision to the student throughout the term.
- Signing a weekly time sheet, provided by our office, to verify hours worked.
- Completing a performance evaluation of the student’s growth and progress.